Re: New Florida Law May Outlaw Autocross/SOLO II

To: Rick Balderson <rickbalderson@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: New Florida Law May Outlaw Autocross/SOLO II
From: Michael King <mapco@att.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:32:34 -0500
I believe KP Jones, our Chairman and Area 3 Director, is a Florida based
attorney out of the Miami area. But, I'm awaiting a call at any moment back
from Representative Arza. Lets wait to call on the attorneys until I have a
chance to speak with him. The bill itself as its stated technically allows
for autocrosses and other such activity at sites deemed suitable referring
to lines 19 to 21:

19         (9)(4)  This section does not apply to licensed or duly

20  authorized racetracks, drag strips, or other designated areas

21  set aside by proper authorities for such purposes.

I just want to make sure Rep. Arza is aware of what we do and in emailing
back and forth, was not familiar. Plus, I want to clarify what "proper
authorities" refers to. I'll be back in touch as soon as I hear something.

Mike King