Re: SM2 status?

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SM2 status?
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:40:49 -0500
Dennis, You? Solo has too many classes camp? WHAT??? Yeah, I know. Now
that you have the class YOU want, let's close the door to any other
classes <grin>.

Now, seriously, Dennis it was just a couple months ago that it became
well known that SM2 was going to be a class at Tours and Pros. Up to that
point there was a lot of conversation about the need for the class but no
firm info from SCCA National that it even might happen. So, we get a
quick announcement and *bam* the class is judged for not having any
participation.

Your right. Someone needs to step forward as a spokesperson for SM2 and
rally the troops to put it together. I wish I could do that, but my
tongue is hanging out from being the Solo II co-chair in Atlanta for the
last 3 years. I hope someone out there will step forward to take the
reigns.

I'd be willing to put together an email list for SM2 drivers (BTW, I
think SMS or SSM is a much better class name please keep numbers out of
the class name) if someone else would like to step forward as the prime
mover.

From: "talondg" <trog@wincom.net>
Subject: Subject: Re: SM2 status?

Allow me to explain:

Strange as it may seem, I'm actually in the "SCCA Solo has too many
classes" camp, in that I do not want to foist any class upon the
general membership that is not going to be well-subscribed.

So far, with 2 National-level events in the bag, there have been ZERO
SM2 competitors. This does not bode well at all. If this trend is not
reversed immediately, SM2 will be stillborn.

DG

Ben Thatcher
http://ApexBenefits.biz