Speed Rally Coverage

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Speed Rally Coverage
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:15:19 -0500
On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:38:44 -0600, "Charles R. Schultz"
<n2pua4@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>Plus, I hate to say this, the announcer this year speaks American, not
>British.

>I have enough trouble listening to TV with my minor hearing loss (50
>years of loud music and loud cars and trucks) without having to decipher
>accents other than New York, Buffalo, and NASCAR.

I will have to respectfully disagree with this assessment.  The WRC's
British announcer (unnamed) was light-years better than Ralph "Caffeine"
Sheheen, who makes the famously-excitable Murray Walker appear to be on
Quaaludes by comparison.  You may like screaming, over-the-top-all-the-time
announcing the way Ralph does it, but I found it decidedly jarring, even
annoying.  And I have to say that while more coverage is better, and I like
the one-hour-a-day shows a lot, I really, really wish for a second audio
channel with the WRC-supplied announce feed so I can tune out Caffeine
Sheheen.

Jim Crider
Live from Saltillo, Mexico(!!!)
autojim@att.net

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.