April Fast Track shock proposals

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: April Fast Track shock proposals
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 11:00:33 -0600
http://www.scca.org/news/fastrack/02-04.pdf

Since I'm about to buy new shocks these proposals are of great interest to
me.  My first concern is that item four's 1/4 inch dimension will make a
lot of current off the shelf SA's illegal.  This will send a lot of folks
out to buy stock shocks to compare to theirs or their competitors.  If you
find your shocks are illegal it's even more money for custom SA's or go
back to stock while others in your class don't have to.

Regarding item five, you may want to go to
http://www.improvedtouring.com/chat2/ and do a search on 'threaded body'.
Jim Leithauser & co have beaten this to death so we don't have to.  My
question is if someone sets one of his DA settings and then welds or
otherwise disables it, is it then considered a legal SA?

Thanks
Jeff