Re: SM2 status?

To: "Cadero2dMax" <gryan3@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: SM2 status?
From: bluemr2@mac.com
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:54:38 -0500
On Friday, March 8, 2002, at 08:05 , Cadero2dMax wrote:

> I am not sure what Brian means by SM2 having an opportunity, as I said
> earlier our region hasn't even received their rulebooks yet to decipher
> this class.

        I meant I think it would have been much more popular a couple years
ago :-)

> I personally don't think SM2 is needed, I think that the restrictions
> Dennis built into the rules - rumored to be for his own personal
> benefit - should be lifted in SM to allow the 2 seaters to play in that
> class.

        I still don't understand why we have SM either :-)  I understand
the desire to make a place for the street performance group to run,
without having them against the established SP/P cars...  However, it
appears that existing members jumped over to the new class, built cars
up close to the limits of the class and were still stomping all over the
street performance guys...  They might just as well have run in SP...
Now we've got more classes to keep track of and have gained nothing.

> That being said, until that time I think SM2 will gradually build into
> a well subscribed class. I personally do not see fit to put my daily
> driver Fiero against Tamandli in E-Mod. There is only a 1000+ weight
> difference, tube frame against space frame, Chevette front suspension
> against - - well, you get the idea.

        Hehe, Tamandli only beat me by 10 seconds (My best was 48 seconds)
last time he was in town ;-) ;-)  If my clutch hadn't been slipping all
the way 'round course and I had got all 108RWHP down, it probably woulda
only been 9 seconds!  :-) :-)