Re: Shock lengthening?

To: cashmo@spec-rx7.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shock lengthening?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:07:21 EST
In a message dated 3/10/02 7:07:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cashmo@spec-rx7.org writes:

> Charlie, does this include struts?  Any chance you can explain to us
> non-engineering types where exactly the spacer would go?  In an effort to
> make sure we're all on the same page

Yes, struts need to be dimensionally within 1/4" as well.  Measure from the
mounting point of the strut to knuckle or lower control arm, to the top of
the strut body.  So, if that dimension is too short, allowing more suspension
travel than OE, you need a spacer on the top of your strut that causes the
compression travel to stop within 1/4" of the OE dimension.  I would think
that the easiest way is to put it on top (to the right of C).

Charlie