Spec Mini Cooper Class

To: "evolution" <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Spec Mini Cooper Class
From: "Mark Chiles" <mark@markchiles.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:25:39 -0500
O.K.

Enough with the bellyaching about the current/future rules.

How about we test a new set of OEM rules with the upcoming Mini Cooper(s).

We could have a Spec Mini Cooper Class and a Spec Mini Cooper S Class.

You have to run the cars as delivered from the dealer.

Except that you can change to non-original equipment tires (sticky?/non
sticky?) and maybe change to aftermarket wheels similar to the current Stock
Category rules.

Alignments would be allowed, within the current stock category rules.

No aftermarket shocks, no aftermarket front sway bars, no aftermarket spark
plug wires, etc.

No performance modifications allowed to the car what so ever.

Comfort and convenience items might be allowed.

We might have to allow ECUs, unless we can figure out a way to police them.

It would be almost like the Spec Z06 class, only cheaper.

Simple and to the point.

Run what you brung/bought