New SCCA VP of Marketing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: New SCCA VP of Marketing
From: BRUBEL51@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:47:05 EST
I just read that the SCCA has appointed a new VP of Marketing:  I would just
like to make a comment to all as to my experience with Mr. Mudd.  As I belong
to the Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club which is a satellite club of the SCCA ,
we have rented Lime Rock Park for approximately 25 years and have always had
a good professional relationship with that racing facility.  Last year as in
the past we rented the racetrack for a time trial during the month of March.
This small club paid 1/2 of the rental fee upfront as required by the
contract.  The remainder of the monies is paid on the day of the event.   As
luck would have it, it snowed about 5 days prior to our schedule date.  On
the day of our Time Trial the weather was sunny and warm, but the track was
not safe for time trialing due to the run off areas still having remains of
the prior snow storm.  The officials of the track  deemed the track to be
unsafe . The Time trial was called off before a car ever placed a wheel on
the track.
Wen the officials of the club contacted Mr. Mudd, he immedialtey advised us
that the deposit that my club had made of 1/2 the track fee would be
Non-Refundable. My small club was now out a couple of thousand dollars.  All
subsequent contacts with Mr. Mudd went on deaf ears.
This is just a little information on the new V.P. of marketing, I do
certainly hope that the SCCA has done their homework ...
Bruce Bellom             .