Re: ProSolo Bumping Order: Use Indexes

To: AutoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ProSolo Bumping Order: Use Indexes
From: Jeff Winchell <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:51:24 -0800
>I'm not saying it can't work, but it certainly seems like the current Pro
>bumping order was picked to keep like cars together as much as possible.
>I would assume that's for course dependency issues along with "appropriate
>for spectators" issues.
>
>Whether those are valid or not, I'm not able to say.

I'll offer a few invalid ones in the current rules

Why FS cars belong with BS cars
Why ESP cars are better with BSP corvettes (and a certain banned M3<s>)
than with AS corvettes
How CSP cars belong with ASP cars w/twice the HP

Someone else can probably fill in other examples

I don't see how course dependent it is. The courses are typically.... go
fast wiggle from side to side a bit to one end of the concrete course, do a
tight turn around and repeat. Amittedly, I've only been to 4 Pros (all at
different locations) but 3 of them were like this. I presume SCCA National
has taken the sameness of the courses and differences of cars when they
came up with an index that all Ladies classes must use.