2001/2002 Miata Clutch Shudder TSB (fwd)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 2001/2002 Miata Clutch Shudder TSB (fwd)
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:55:05 -0800 (PST)
FYI - KeS

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:44:10 -0800
From: Mark Booth <mbooth@cts.com>
To: SDMC E-mail List <SDMC-List@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [SDMC-List] 2001/2002 Clutch Shudder TSB

Mazda has issued a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) pertaining to the
infamous "clutch shudder" problem.  Per the bulletin (below), 2001
and 2002 Miatas with manual transmissions and built BEFORE 12/1/01
are potential candidates for the problem.  And, as was already
suspected, a new flywheel is part of the fix.

I just checked with Cush Mazda's service department and they have not
yet received the bulletin from Mazda.  I recommend verifying that
your favorite dealer has the bulletin in hand and that they have the
necessary repair parts in stock before taking your Miata for warranty
repair.

Also, I just spoke with Mazda Customer Service and they verified the
bulletin but also emphasized that it could take several more weeks
for enough parts to be made to supply their dealer network.

Finally, don't forget that your 2001 and 2002 Miata is covered by
Mazda's Service Transportation Solution; a free loaner car when your
Mazda is in the shop for warranty repair.  Details:
http://www.mazdausa.com/mdap/default.asp#3

Pertinent details of the TSB pasted below.

Mark Booth

Bulletin#: 05-002/02
Last Issued: 03/18/2002