Re: Nissan 350Z and Mazda RX-8 - AS/SS contenders?

To: Stephen Hui <shui68@hotmail.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nissan 350Z and Mazda RX-8 - AS/SS contenders?
From: Kenny Motonishi <kmotonishi@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:36:31 -0800 (PST)
  Interesting question; I've also thought about it.
It's likely the 350Z may not be as fast as you might
imagine but of course I could be mistaken, especially
the track model due with Brembo brakes and lightweight
Volks. I'm afraid the weight (heft) as well as my
thinking that the Nissan engineers may cater this car
for more relaxed cruising rather than hard edged
reflexes, such as an S2000. Perhaps the spring rates
may be soft, who knows. I feel the 350Z may prove to
be a fast track car but less so for Solo2.
  The RX-8 will be interesting as well. imho, it's
much the same as the S2000 with a hardtop and four
seats. However it will weigh more that its originally
targeted weight of 2626 lbs. Last I heard the torque
will be 162lb/ft at roughly 7500rpms but makes (based
on my shabby memory(approx 80% available from a low
3-4000rpms). The suspension will be pretty trick,
however.

       only time will tell,

        ken

http://movies.yahoo.com/