RE: Re: SCCA Should Be Monitoring The Lists, was: SCCA

To: "apozner@ptd.net" <apozner@ptd.net>,
Subject: RE: Re: SCCA Should Be Monitoring The Lists, was: SCCA
From: "fuhrmann@cpinternet.com" <fuhrmann@cpinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:31:01 -0500
>From: Alan Pozner apozner@ptd.net
>Matt,

>Are you proposing that the SCCA management censor our discussions on our
>non-SCCA funded mailing lists? I don't think you would say that but that's
>what your letter sounds like to me.

Are you using the same language as most of us here?

Can you quote the part of the message where you see Matt saying anything about
controlling the content (censorship) of any communications media?

Matt said that they should MONITOR the discussions.  Please look that up in a
dictionary and compare it with the deffinition of CENSOR.

They shouldn't be just monitoring this list.  They should be monitoring other
lists, newsgroups related to cars, and the Web in general.

The SCCA has trademarks and an image to protect.  Knowing if someone is using
the trademarks in ways that could cause loss of the registration or has created
www.sccasucks.com would be a good thing.

Obviously, how much time and money should be spent on this depends on the risks
to the SCCA that not knowing would cost.

They should also be monitoring the forums(even if they just lurk and never
reply) just so that they know what rumors are going around.