Re: Historical Research

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Historical Research
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:43:17 -0800 (PST)
Wally Swift was the first gentleman to ever say a word
to me at an autox.  I remember we were grid next to
each other at my first event.  He took me under his
wing because, as he said, we both had fair skin.  I
remember he told me that the most important thing I
needed to remember when attending an autox was to make
sure I wore lots of sunscreen. What a character!
   He took me on my first course walk, showed me what
to do, gave me pointers all day, and invited me out to
eat after the event.  I must say he was the most
energetic, friendly, happy-go-lucky man I ever met.  I
haven't seen nor spoken to Wally in about three years,
and I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing.  He
was a great fellow and I am going to miss him a lot.
Buddy Ahlers.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/