Re: Kids at autocross

To: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kids at autocross
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:04:47 -0500
Possible, yes, but you may have to hustle and jump some hoops.

First off, he SHOULD have the "minor as guest" (etc) form already done. If
both his parents signed it, and they kept the pink copy as they should have,
then he (or you) should bring that along. That is the one that just says the
minor can be present at the event. If both parents signed it originally and
the registrar did it right, it should be good for "ALL" events (as opposed
to the one on the event where he first executed it) until the minor becomes
a major. With that one in hand, you sign for him on the regular event
waiver -- sign your name under signature, "for [name of  minor]" under
printed name. He cannot sign for himself.

If he has not done that as a permanent minor waiver, get hold of one from
whomever does registration for you and have his parents do that. The witness
is usually the registrar, but it could probably be you, or even a notary.

Then there is the "minor as participant" waiver. It is a two-part form and
is the one that lets him drive. It has to be signed for every event. If you
have a blank one, have his parents sign it and bring it with you. You might
have to witness their signature. If not, you need to get a blank one and do
that. When we have that situation, after we get the minor-as-guest waiver
done as an "ALL", we sometimes send a handful of participant waivers home
with the minor.

--Rocky Entriken