.Koni 82s & Koni 30s for a Miata

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: .Koni 82s & Koni 30s for a Miata
From: Nick <racerx@access.mountain.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:23:47 -0400
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with either of these
two shocks on a Miata?

I was looking at the 82s because they are bump and
rebound adjustable (without jacking and all the rest)
on the car, but the guy I talked to at ProParts said that
the 30s are a better shock and they're the ones to get.  The
prices are about the same.  (Actually, the 30s are cheaper
if you get them without bump adjust.)  As I understand it
the 82s are a dual tube hydraulic design, and the 30s are
a monotube gas/hydraulic design.

The car is a 1995 R.  It currently has Koni Sports on it.
Frankly, it is pretty good right now, I'm just looking for
a little extra (I know, I know, DRIVE BETTER)

I'm just curious if anyone has any experiences to share
about either of these two shocks, preferably on a Miata
of similar vintage.

Respond by email, please.

Thanks,
- Nick