Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: New SAC proposals - June FastTrack

To: Jeff Winchell <Jeff@Winchell.Com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: New SAC proposals - June FastTrack
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:46:53 -0700 (PDT)
Whether the PAX numbers themselves are absurd or not, doesn't really matter.  I
think the point should be whether a class offers good competition and lots of
participation.  If one class is faster than another due to course dependencies,
who cares?  Basing a class "just on performance" can be a real trick.

For instance, I remember when Kevin McCormick used to run his (then BS) Miata
just as fast as the local Corvette SS group (which also included some top notch
drivers).  Does that mean the Miata should have been classed the same as the
Corvette?  Hopefully I don't have to actually answer that question.

When looking at any classing restructure/proposal, I would hope your looking at
it with the club's interest in mind.  Which cars in which class will promote
participation amongst our members?  Can you do that with a diverse mix of cars
in the same class?  If you can get great participation with alot of potential
winner cars, kudos to you.  That's not always realistic or possible.

really don't see how there was good data for the AS PAX since there were few C4
drivers competing until this year.  And *that's* assuming that you think the
PAX numbers are good when there is alot of data.;-)

-Andy M.

http://health.yahoo.com