Sort of Off-Topic - Anyone played Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox?

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sort of Off-Topic - Anyone played Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox?
From: "justJOE" <justjoe13es@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:43:12 -0500
Hello World,

I currently have Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox console.. and was wondering if
anyone has played it, and what they think of it.

Also Below are some of my thoughts on the game as compared to Gran Turismo 3
for the PS2.

It it much different from GT3.. but in a good way.  It is a drastic
improvement from the original SegaGT that came out on the Dreamcast.   The
menues are different, there are not as many cars as in GT3, but the cars
seem to react fairly realistically.. with body roll on most of the cars..
Selling cars is quite a different situation.  Lets say that you buy a car,
then want to sell it at the same place you buy new cars.. then that is not a
problem, and they give you a reduced price for your car.
But, if you win a car, you cannot just simply "sell" it to a dealer.. you
have to put your car up for sale.. and it sits outside your garage in the
game.  It decides a starting price, but you can raise or lower the price of
your car at any time.. Hopefully after going racing a couple of times, you
will come back with a "NEWS!, Negotiation of your car has been completed" or
something like that.. then you get the cash for the sale =)

I would have to say that it looks just a hair better than GT3.. but it is
hard to compare SegaGT 2002 to GT3.  I really like SegaGT, and will continue
to play it as long as I continue to have fun.. but I would have to say that
the initial "challange" of the AI and other cars is high..  so you just
cannot get a cheap car, drop a turbo on it, and then toast the compition.
It looks like you have to Work at winning just about every race.  The other
thing that is unique is the damage to your vehicle.  Although there is no
actual damage to your car, you have a "damage meter" that gets reduced when
you come into contact with other cars/barriers. At the end of the race, if
you haven't depleated your car damage meter (the race would end if you did
that) you now have to pay for damages do your car. It also rewards you for
driving without hitting anything.  =) bonus. Also, the amount of damage that
you do can never be more than what you win.

And the licenses are different too.. you basically have a time trial that
you compete.. and if you get better than 3rd in each one, then you get the
license.. that is all.  Oh, and you cannot "drift" in the license tests, it
takes off your "grade meter" if you do.

Take care guys,
Joe Delio
Dallas ,TX