RE: Prepared Miata

To: <SOLOMIATA@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Prepared Miata
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:58:02 -0500
I think Rocky's suggestion has merit, GCR prepped miatas in FP and
other's in AP.

What's more I'll speculate over half of the FP drivers at Natz in 2002
would support the move if proposed by the SEB, heck lets go farther than
that, I'll bet that if Mr. Fehn is cool with it we're all cool with it.

The only complaint the FP Porsche's could have is a 1600 pound car in a
class of 2100 pound 914/6's and one 911. If it's close to the 8.5 ~ 9.0
pounds per HP ratio why can't it come play? Based on the numbers below
this would be workable.

Wouldn't it?

<<
As a person who has a DP Miata I have been reading this thread with
interest.
 My Miata is not built to the limit of the DP rules but rather something

closer to the GCR FP "limited prep" road racer.

My car has:
*Full coil-over suspension but not relocated or alternate suspension
components (ala SP)
*Built Prepared legal engine of about 160 rwhp, drivetrain ratio's
optimized
for AX
*Full top and interior.
*unmolested body (no flares - limited to 8" tires)
* Weighs 2065 (1875+10% for non-factory fuel injection)

I liked DP as my "limited prep" car fit very nicely.  If the SCCA allows
"limited prep" Miata to stay in DP (i.e. more weight or limited to 8"
tires)
I'll stay.  If it goes to AP then I'll strongly consider SM2 instead
(although I dred the thought of going back to DOT race tires).