Re: Prepared Miata

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:39:09 EDT
As a person who has a DP Miata I have been reading this thread with interest.
 My Miata is not built to the limit of the DP rules but rather something
closer to the GCR FP "limited prep" road racer.

My car has:
*Full coil-over suspension but not relocated or alternate suspension
components (ala SP)
*Built Prepared legal engine of about 160 rwhp, drivetrain ratio's optimized
for AX
*Full top and interior.
*unmolested body (no flares - limited to 8" tires)
* Weighs 2065 (1875+10% for non-factory fuel injection)

I liked DP as my "limited prep" car fit very nicely.  If the SCCA allows a
"limited prep" Miata to stay in DP (i.e. more weight or limited to 8" tires)
I'll stay.  If it goes to AP then I'll strongly consider SM2 instead
(although I dred the thought of going back to DOT race tires).

I'm not complaining or lobbying just providing y'all my plans.

Randy