Re: Warm Tires -- proposed rules

To: Matthew Braun <matthew@powerplug.com>, "Team.Net"
Subject: Re: Warm Tires -- proposed rules
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
Matt:

I don't see this as either enforceable or accomplishing your goal. If
anything, you have penalized the single-driver cars further because
they would not be able to retain what little heat they generate via
even passive means. 2-driver cars are STILL going to have warm tires,
and unless you move them to another heat (which really opens a can 'o
worms), there's nothing you can do about it.

I think that this whole matter is just "one of those things that you
have to live with" (while you find a co-driver who doesn't mind going
first each day <G>).

BTW, when my boys figured out that one had an advantage with hotter
kart tires, they alternated who went first on each run. It DID make a
difference! Of course, they each still wanted the last run of the day!

Bob Monday

--- Matthew Braun <matthew@powerplug.com> wrote:
> As a follow-up to the late to grid thread after Nationals, I have
> come
> up with some proposed ideas to address the "real" issue -- having an
> unfair competitive advantage by having warm tires.
<snip>
http://faith.yahoo.com