Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts and Spridget digression

To: "Steven Fooshee" <sfooshee@clubrx.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts and Spridget digression
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:27:25 -0500
From: "Steven Fooshee" <sfooshee@clubrx.org>

> pethier@isd.net wrote:
> > The fact that the have the best steering around is largely an
> > accident of the parts that would fit.  The roll-steer in the rear was an
unhappier
> > accident of parts and their mounting.
> >

> In my experience, the Sprite's reputation as the "best-steering sports
> car" stops abruptly after turn-in. If the events which occur after the
> weight starts to transfer is predictable, it's by an algorithm much too
> complicated for me to grasp! :-D

Exactly.  The steering is very good indeed.  The rest of the package needs a
bit of work.  Steering itself is obviously only a small part of handling.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com