Re: Nice Day

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nice Day
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 02:41:41 -0600 (MDT)
         This must be some sort of exponential thing, some nights/days
         I don't get anything.

Well, if you subscribed to all 100 or so of the lists managed here, I doubt
there would be many days you'd get nothing.  But the autocross list is not
the busiest, it has about 1100 subscribers split among the real time and the
digest and does about 500 messages a month.  Some of the busier lists do
1,000 - 1,200 messages a month on average.  So, with the triumphs list,
for example, having 1000 members and 1100 messages a month, there's over a
million pieces of email right there.  In truth, the mailer program does
bundle up messages for some popular domains so that one message with many
addresses goes out.  But even with such shortcuts all told there really
are millions of emails the server has to shuffle around the planet every
month.

One of the things I would like to do in the near future is remove a fair
bit of the stuff in the /// section below and send out monthly reminders about
admin addresses, list policies, number of subscribers, number of messages
and such.  Yep, RealSoonNow.

mjb.