Re: autox stuff- need big wing_

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autox stuff- need big wing_
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 00:57:19 -0400
> 9) Ponder what the REAL purpose of this wing is. *
>
> (*for a clue, look at a picture of a sprint car mid-corner as taken from
> the front. See something odd?)

Alright, I'll take a stab.  The "endplates" are huge and they are mounted
high.  So when you push them through the air sideways you create quite a
force.  Since they are up high, they have quite a lever arm.  The primary
thing countering this moment is the moment created by the inside rear tire
and it's lever arm.

The endplates let them push down on the inside rear tire.

Am I close?

Dave Hardy
89 SM
DILYSI Motorsports - Drive It Like You Stole It!