99' Miata Engine For Sale

To: ms-scca@lists.netdoor.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 99' Miata Engine For Sale
From: Coolwalker@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:31:31 EDT
Hey Guys, I wanted to put the word out about a 99' miata engine I have. I
bought it back in the spring from the local mazda dealer. I was planning on
rebuilding it to turbocharge, but its been sitting long enough and I dont
have time to work on it anytime soon so I've decided to sell it. The catch is
that it was removed from a 99' miata because the number one piston burned up.
As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the number four cylinder
bearing. The dealer pulled it out at about 7,000 miles and then dissasembled
most of the engine. The block looks to be fine, it didnt score the cylnder
wall like you would think. All it needs is one new piston. It still has the
other three pistons, crankshaft, water and oil pump still on the block. The
head includes everything, except for the intake manifold. The valves and
springs are still in the head, but the cams and lifters were removed, they
just need to be reinstalled. I think its missing one of the lifter shims. I'm
asking $400 for the head and $350 for the block, Or I'll sell them together
for $650. I have some other miata stuff Im selling too. Everything is located
in Jackson, MS. I will personally deliver anything in MS and the surrounding
areas free of charge. I would rather not ship the engine parts unless the
buyer arranges the shipping. Email me with any questions.
Thanks,
Trey
www.miatanut.net