Fwd: Re: Tour/Pro Schedule

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Tour/Pro Schedule
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:13:30 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Subject: Re: Tour/Pro Schedule
     From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
     Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:26:42 -0500

"Fine, Kim" <kimfine@teletech.com> wrote:

> On the subject of the Tour/Pro schedule - can anyone tell me why we start
> the season so darn early in February (East Coast - Ft. Myers, Florida)?

Have you ever been to Detroit in February?

The Ft Myers events are the highlight of the year. Do the Pro, stay the
week, do the Tour, go home.

A week in Florida in the middle of winter, and you get two major races
besides?

It's the best bit of planning in the whole damn schedule.

And then you get some downtime to save up for tax season.

No, I LOVE the current schedule, and would cry rivers if it were changed.

My only niggle is that I'd prefer to see the Tour preceed the Pro, but
other than that, I love it!

DG