Seeking Info On Crest Industries Timing System

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seeking Info On Crest Industries Timing System
From: Woody Rogers <woody@tirerack.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:07:18 -0500
The Tire Rack began using a custom version (5 sensor system) of the Crest
Industries 120RF Wireless Autocross Timer earlier this year to time our
track test evaluations. During the first rain shower that we used the new
system, it stopped working.

After returning the timer to Crest for analysis and repair under warranty,
they told us that water got into the transceiver boxes and corroded several
components. Additionally they told us that the transceiver boxes were "water
resistant", but not water proof, and that we would be responsible for paying
for the a significant portion of the repairs.

We're seeking a viable solution to prevent the problem from happening again.

Has anyone using the Crest Industries 120RF Wireless Autocross Timer
experienced any problems with the transceiver boxes allowing water to get
inside? If so, what solution have you found?

I would be interested in your feedback.

Woody Rogers
C Stock Miata
The Tire Rack