Re: Subaru Roll-Over in Mineral Wells??

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Subaru Roll-Over in Mineral Wells??
From: "Gregg Lee" <gregglee@dinointernet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:18:39 -0500
PCA had an Autocross running concurrently with the Pro Solo on another lot
at TMS last weekend.  I stopped by and just happened to talk to an
eyewitness, who I've known for decades.

Yes WRX did roll at a PCA autocross at MW.  It was at the Autocross on
Sunday,  not the time trails (like Solo I) on Saturday, which he apparently
survived.

Driver was driving very aggressively and was cautioned by other entrants
after initial runs that he was close to losing it by running wide of the
course, dirt-tracking under full power in rough, gravelly surface near the
edge of the pavement.  On the next run he repeated and reached the edge of
the paved surface.  One wheel or another dug into the dirt, which
pole-vaulted him enough to briefly leave the ground to do some complex
rotation before landing on a side other than the one with wheels.

Gregg Lee