Pylon for April 2003

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon for April 2003
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:49:43 -0400
Now in the mail is the April 2003 edition of North American Pylon.
Pylon covers the sport of autocrossing in the U.S. and Canada.
        This month we cover
                -the SCCA National Tour events at Houston and San Diego.
                -the SCCA Pro Solo at Fontana, CA. (The California Speedway
parking lot.
                -the Virginia Motor Sports Club at Virginia Motorsports
Park.
                -First 3 events in Mazda's "Rev It Up" series. Overall
winner at each was an experienced SCCA sutocrosser!
                -Pro.Org announce cancellation of three events.
                -A discussion between Jim Murphy (of GA) and Rocky Entriken
(of Salina, KS) on the need.or not for licensing course designers.
                -Atlanta Region opens its '03 season at Turner Field.
                -San Francisco Region visits Candlestick Park and Golden
Gate Fields.

Plus, columns by;
        -Pat Kelly on Pro.Orgs early ending. Will it start again?
        -Cris Thomas questions whether SCCA can compete for new younger
'hot rodders.'
        -Lorenzo the Scribe adds his "No" vote on licensing course
designers.
        -Editor John Kelly delves into 'unwritten' rules and why they
should be written.
        -Paul Haney adds another chapter on shock absorbers (dampeners) and
adjustments.

Plus: We interview Doug Gill, SCCA's new Solo technical advisor.
And we have our regular supralative autocross calendar telling where it's
at. And the Garage Sale (wants ads offering autocross cars for sale) keeps
on growing.
Want your own copy?
        Check out our web page at <www.napylon.com>.
        Buy it off the news rack at Tower Records @$2.
        Order a subscription, $24 obtains 12 monthly issues.
                Call 1-800-58-KELLY during 9-5 biz hours. PDT. And charge
to Visa or MasterCard.
                Or, send a check/M.O. for US$24 to:
                        North American Pylon
                        P.O. Box 1203
                        Pleasanton, CA 94588

        Canadian price is US$27.50 for 12 monthly issues drawn on a U.S.
bank. Canadian postal money orders are okay. We mail to Canadian and U.S.
addresses. Residents of other countries must either obtain a U.S. address
or request a quote on first class mail.