Re: Vehicle Identification Proposal

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vehicle Identification Proposal
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:54:17 EDT
John,

Generally speaking, karts should not be a problem, IF
they are numbered according to the karting rules used
worldwide.  They call for numbers 6" tall with a 1" stroke.
Numbers must also appear on both sides and the rear
of the kart for Solo.  Racing rules require the front to be
ID'd as well, but we allow the space normally used to be
covered with SCCA related stickers.

The only colors available for numbers are black and white.
Which of those a driver can use is dependent on the class
being run, as identified by the color of the backing plate,
which is also required.  Those requirements are quite adequate
for racing environments where as many as 50 karts are on the
track at the same time, and going by corners at a much higher
rate of speed, too.

Last year in Topeka, we had a couple of examples which skirted
the rules....  This year, we will ALL conform.  No tape numbers
will be allowed, and all karts will be required to have black on white
or white on black type of contrast.

As for class letters...  Less of a problem.  Try and confuse a kart
with any class other than F125!

Alan Sheidler

F125 Kart Numbers Commandant (self-appointed)