Re: [evolution-disc.] Nationals Impound Procedures

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Nationals Impound Procedures
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:40:49 -0400
--On Tuesday, August 26, 2003 11:28 PM -0500 Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
wrote:
> If it is just removing the wheel from the hub for a quick look, should be
> no problem. If you are talking about taking the tire off the wheel, that's
> better done in impound NOT on grid, so the car can be moved and the next
> one can get in its space. Not a good idea to render a car inoperable --
> immobile, even! -- while still in the competition area, including grid.

Sorry I was unclear.  By "tire removing tools", I just mean the lug wrench
or cordless drill or whatever you prefer for removing a wheel/tire assembly
from the hub.

To answer Bruce's question about the grid space size and congestion, I
don't know how big the spaces will be relative to the past.  A small jack,
a pair of stands, a breaker bar and a cordless drill don't really take all
that much space; we're not asking that everyone also bring a spare set of
tires and their entire tool collection!

To answer Mark's question about the proximity of the tools, these things
may be needed by some competitors in Impound, which is handled in Grid.  It
would be best to have them nearby, not all the way at the south end of the
paddock, but they don't actually need to be in your grid space.

Mark