Reminder American Muscle Car Team Challenge

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reminder American Muscle Car Team Challenge
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@kenmitchell.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:30:27 -0700
REMINDER - The deadline to get your entry in for the American Muscle Car
Team Challenge is September 15, 2003. Your entry must be postmarked by
the 15th. All entries submitted beyond the maximum of 80 entries will be
put on the reserve list in the order of the earliest postmark.

Each entry is $95.00 and each extra dinner ticket is $20.00. All entries
will include one dinner ticket for the Saturday night social to be held
at the Castle Air Park museum. All entries must be pre-paid. No entries
will be accepted during the event.

The entries are coming in and we are getting near to the maximum cap of
eighty entries. So, you better get your entry into me ASAP. Please
e-mail me for an entry form.

The American Muscle Car Team Challenge will be held on October 4 & 5 at
Castle Air Park located in Atwater just north of Merced, CA. The site is
concrete and the course will be fast and fun. You will be able to leave
your race car and trailer on-site overnight on both Friday and Saturday
nights. The site will be secured/locked during the night.

If you intend to bring a motorhome, there is a nice RV Park on the
grounds but not at the autocross site.

We encourage all american V8 powered vehicles take advantage of this
fun. Each car will be paxed accordingly. The pax is developed to make it
a level playing field for all entrants.

The teams will comprise of 20 teams with 4 members each. Each car can
have only one co-driver. All co-drivers will be in the opposite group.
The run format is 3 practice runs in each morning session with the
official timed runs during each afternoon. The Sunday's course will be a
reversed of Saturday's course.

Each team member in the top 10 teams will be presented a trophy.

There is adequate price lodging in Merced and Atwater. Please click on
the following links:

Atwater -  http://www.usa-lodging.com/motels/califn/Atwater.htm

Merced  -  http://www.usa-lodging.com/motels/califn/Merced.htm

The course will be ready for walking late Friday afternoon. Registration
and Tech will be open from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Friday and 7:00 AM to
8:00 AM on Saturday morning. The course will be open for walking to
approx. 8:30 AM and a drivers meeting at 8:45 AM. The first car will be
out at 9:00 AM both days.

Please try to make the Friday afternoon registration and tech sessions
to minimize the impact of getting the event underway on Saturday morning.

Everybody will be required to work a morning and afternoon session on
both days.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at
mailto:nokones@kenmitchell.com

We hope to see you at the event. You will find it the most fun event
that you can attend anywhere.
--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@kenmitchell.com