Tow Vehicle Question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tow Vehicle Question
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:20:36 -0400
Hey Guys,

Since it is getting onto winter, and us Northern folk are just about ready
to hibernate till next spring, I would like to throw out a question about
tow vehicles for some feedback.

Me and a friend were chatting recently. He mentioned that he likes the way
his motor home with a Ford 460 cu. in. V/8  tows, but he can hardly afford
to put gas in it. On the other hand, his Dakota with a 318 cu. in. V/8 at
most times seems like it is pulling its guts out. And he is not happy with
the 12-15 MPG he gets from the truck. He said that he would like to be able
to buy a pickup the size of his Dakota that gets 25 MPG and is able to tow
his car on an open trailer without blowing its parts all ove the landscape.

I replied that the only motor that might be able to do that is a diesel. But
the only ones available right now were the 7 litre stuff in the 3/4 and one
ton trucks.

And so my question:
Do you all think that there would be a market for a diesel engine option in
the range of 3.0 to 5.0 litres, with horsepower and torque enough to tow
5000-6000 lbs., and able to get mid 20's MPG if it was offered in such
things as sport utility vehicles and half ton pick up trucks?

Let the bench racing begin!

Larry Steckel

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!