Sticky clutch/presure plate fix?

To: <streetmod@yahoogroups.com>, <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Sticky clutch/presure plate fix?
From: Mike King <mapcomaps@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:01:07 -0400
Here's my dilemna...my SM Civic has been sitting for a couple of months. Now
the clutch has decided to "weld" itself to the pressure plate just from
sitting and from all the condensation and such. I've tried starting it in
gear about 20 times and it hasn't seemed to help yet. I just hate the stress
on the driveline to start it in gear so many times. Any ideas on how to get
the two loose? I've thought about pulling the starter off and spraying some
WD40 in there..any thoughts on that? Whatever advice would be great.

Thanks,
Mike