Re: [evolution-disc.] Sticky clutch/presure plate fix?

To: Mike King <mapcomaps@comcast.net>, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Sticky clutch/presure plate fix?
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:32:20 -0500
At 04:01 PM 10/23/2003 -0400, Mike King wrote:
>Here's my dilemna...my SM Civic has been sitting for a couple of months. Now
>the clutch has decided to "weld" itself to the pressure plate just from
>sitting and from all the condensation and such. I've tried starting it in
>gear about 20 times and it hasn't seemed to help yet. I just hate the stress
>on the driveline to start it in gear so many times. Any ideas on how to get
>the two loose? I've thought about pulling the starter off and spraying some
>WD40 in there..any thoughts on that? Whatever advice would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

With the car in first or reverse and the engine off, rock the car back and
forth until you hear it go bang and release.  8^)

James Rogerson
  [FP #125] - Tekless Racing
jrogerson@houston.rr.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertle
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"When law and morality contradict one another, the citizen has the cruel
alternative of either losing his sense of morality or losing his respect
for the law."  - Federic Bastiat