Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Sticky clutch/presure plate fix?

To: "Mike King" <mapcomaps@comcast.net>, <streetmod@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Sticky clutch/presure plate fix?
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:11:16 -0500
Mike:

Steve's method did not work on my car.  My Mustang has had this happen
twice and 271 old style (1965) horses couldn't break it loose.  The
following method worked within a couple of tries.

After verifying that the clutch fork is moving.  Put in first gear and
start using the starter motor.  Drive at about 2500 rpm with the clutch
in.  Stab the brakes hard and quick.  This is even better on a gravel road
but works fine on paved also.  Will come loose within a couple of tries and
I never ended up with any clutch chatter from all the "freezing".

Greg Scharnberg
65 Mustang 2+2 GT, HiPo, 4sp.