FW: [RMsolo] San Diego fire update

To: "Evolution" <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: FW: [RMsolo] San Diego fire update
From: "Graeme Weston-Lewis" <gweston@lsil.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:57:57 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: rmsolo@rmsolo.org [mailto:rmsolo@rmsolo.org]On Behalf Of
BobTunnell@aol.com
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 3:33 PM
To: rmsolo@rmsolo.org; jhadler@rmsolo.org; blamkin@rovingplanet.com
Subject: [RMsolo] San Diego fire update

I just learned that Dan and Keli Cadenhead's home was not *completely*
destroyed in the fire, although Dan's mom's house (about 100 yards away) was
completely destroyed as were all other homes in the area.

Yesterday, Dan watched the entire hillside where his home is located engulfed
in an inferno.  The home itself was totally obscured by flames and smoke such
that none of the observers thought there was any chance it survived.

But this morning when Dan was allowed to go into the area he found much of
his home still intact... although the dining area was still on fire!  All
utilities in the area are out, but Dan was able to put out the remaining fire
dragging buckets of water from a nearby swimming pool.

No word on any other autocrossers' homes yet.  We can only hope the others
will be as fortunate.

--BT