Re: FW: [RMsolo] San Diego fire update

To: gweston@lsil.com, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: FW: [RMsolo] San Diego fire update
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:15:49 EST
I've been watching from here in Kansas City. I hope everyone the best of
luck.
My wife and I were talking about the fires tonight and what we would do in
that situation. I heard today that So-Cal hasn't had any measurable rain in 177
days.
I know one thing, If the police came down my street and told me I had to
evacuate.
I would grab what I could and get the hell out. My wife keeps survival boxes
for that
kind of thing. Plastic boxes that can be thrown in the back of the truck in 5
minutes. They contain sleeping bags, dry food, money, water, tents and of
course a handgun or two and ammo. We don't have to many wildfires here. However
this summer we did have a month of temps over 100 degrees with no rain. We were
certainly on edge
when we had a week of "Dry Lightning". We had several small forest fires
behind
my house which backs up to 5000 acres of federal land. The local fire guys
but them out within hours. My thoughts are with EVERYONE in California. Keep
the
faith, I will.

Mike Bultemeier
Kansas City