MiDiv Solotime Series Shirts

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MiDiv Solotime Series Shirts
From: "Jason" <jasondjackson@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:55:20 -0500 (EST)
I have heard the same thing.  Back in the late '80s/early '90's, BFG came out
with the Comp t/a r-radial when the A008 was dominant and labeled it as 0
treadwear then changed after a marque club banned tires with treadwear of 0.  I
don't remember who let me know, but I do remember story.

Jason

>From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Seeking Confirmation of an Urban Legand

I'm looking for confirmation of an urban legend of sorts re R compounds in
autox.

It goes something like this:

1) Some tire company (I've heard both Hoosier and BFG) labels their tire as
"0 treadwear"

2) The Corvette Club of America passes a rule that bans tires of 0
treadwear

3) On some very short timeframe, these same tires suddenly have their
treadwear increased to some other value (I've heard 30 and 60)

If anybody can confirm this story and provide details, it would be much
appreciated.

DG

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com