Re: Evo / STI classing

To: "Team.net List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Evo / STI classing
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith6372@wowway.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:10:45 -0500
> One thing never brought up in the whole Evo / STI classing issue is the
> fact that in stock trim it's AS (pax .828), and you can lower it, add
> all the SP go-fast goodies and it's in ESP (pax .824). Am I missing
> something here?
> How can a stock car get SLOWER when prepped for SP?

It has been brought up, and you have to question whether it's really an AS
car and belongs there, or is conservatively classed and really isn't an AS
car at all. It's not like an EVO is a threat to a C4 Vette....

> My Eagle Talon (which is basicaly a 210 hp Evo), is in DS yet bumps
> to ESP when prepped for SP. Is the Evo / STI misclassed in Stock or
> Street Prepared?

Is an EVO really that much faster in SP trim, that you feel it doesn't
belong where you go?

> If the Evo can run in ESP with racing tires why can't it run in STX
> with street tires? 2.0 turbo engines are legal for STX.

The EVO has been specifically banned from STX. If the displacement limit
were 2.5L for turbos in STX, the STI would be on that list too.

Though I feel the EVO, as it stands, should be in STX... It's the one we
don't have yet with the magic differentials that I think should not be.

Mike