Re: Roll cage/bar dimensions

To: KWall73108@aol.com
Subject: Re: Roll cage/bar dimensions
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:14:11 -0600
As I read the 2004 Solo Rule Book, Kevin, Section 3.3.2 "strongly
recommends" that all cars be equipped with a roll bar or roll cage and
"requires" that certain cars have either a roll BAR that meets SIIR
Appendix C OR a roll CAGE that meets GCR Section 18.  Since all of your
emails on this subject have used the word CAGE, I would think that if
you built a CAGE that meets GCR Section 18 to the letter, it would be
legal and unprotestable in all Solo classes.

I would also THINK that a full GCR-legal CAGE would be much stronger
than just an Appendix C-legal BAR - even if the tubing is slightly
(1/4-inch) smaller in diameter.  But I'm no engineer!!!

However, that's only MY opinion.  And we all know about opinions.
They're just like *ssholes.  Everybody's got one and they all stink!!!  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman