Re: TS/Event Management software

To: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: TS/Event Management software
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:42:23 -0800
On Jan 22, 2004, at 5:54 PM, John Lieberman wrote:
> Which software program do you prefer?  As a background, we've got a
> RaceAmerica AC4 timer that we want to interface with a computer.
> We're not looking for any sort of software that uses the computer
> itself to do the timing - we just want it to log the times and manage
> the event. That way, if the computer craps out for whatever reason, we
> can still write down the times from the AC4.
>
> Right now, we're looking closely at Vitak Boruvka's AXware Pro and Rob
> Gregg's AutoX/TS.  I'd like your opinions on these two systems and/or
> your suggestions about other systems we might want to investigate.
> We're planning to purchase our software in the next month or so.

I'd recommend Autocross Scorekeeper
(http://www.autocrossscorekeeper.com). We have been using it here in
the Northwest for the last couple of years and it works great. Easy to
use, has unique features like an announcer's window, interfaces with
our timer, prints results in web-ready format and has support for
online registration and payment though their web site.

For more info check out their web site or mail Scott Chytl at
scott@autocrossscorekeeper.com.

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                                 email:
alandahl@mac.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                         ICQ: 52688023
http://homepage.mac.com/alandahl