TS/Event Management software

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: TS/Event Management software
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:54:49 -0600
I know this has been discussed at length before, but Red River Region
really wasn't in the market for software at the time.  We had new
hardware to buy first, so I just glanced over the previous discussions
and then deleted them.  Now I wish I had saved them.  But, since I
didn't, I'm going to have to ask the question again.

Which software program do you prefer?  As a background, we've got a
RaceAmerica AC4 timer that we want to interface with a computer.  We're
not looking for any sort of software that uses the computer itself to do
the timing - we just want it to log the times and manage the event.
That way, if the computer craps out for whatever reason, we can still
write down the times from the AC4.

Right now, we're looking closely at Vitak Boruvka's AXware Pro and Rob
Gregg's AutoX/TS.  I'd like your opinions on these two systems and/or
your suggestions about other systems we might want to investigate.
We're planning to purchase our software in the next month or so.

Thanks a bunch

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman