Miata Drivers seat/Bracket?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata Drivers seat/Bracket?
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:21:17 EST
My brother is interested inbuying a car for Autocross. He sat in a stock-ish
Miata and stared straight into the windshield header. I remember a discussion
here a few years ago, prompted by a person with a similar "disability". They
wanted to lower the mount for the drivers seat - which, of course, was illegal
for stock class. Legality is not my brothers problem. He is just starting off
and will be running for fun. Does anybody know of a seat bracket that will
drop the stock Miata seat - or, failing that is there a "non-Kirkey" Street
seat
that people have installed that allows more headroom? - Seth Emerson