I'm back...need advice

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm back...need advice
From: Brad Pyatt <bpyatt@parkplacetexas.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:55:18 -0600
Good afternoon all,

Brad Pyatt here.  You may remember me from my Neon ACR days in the late
90's.  I have taken the last four years off (ugh!) to get married and have a
child and all that fun stuff so autox was out.  Now it's in!

I now have an 03 VW GTi and I am looking for setup advice.  I remember
hearing about VW's going over a little more regularly than I prefer and
wonder if those incidents were because of boneheaded moves or suspension
design problems with VW's.  My car is bone stock right now.  I would like to
stay in my regular stock class and not run ST or street prepared or anything
like that.  So...how should I align the car?  Any tire suggestions?  I will
probably stay on streets for a few runs and then to go R compund tires.  I'm
pretty out of the loop on tires and the like so I appreciate any and all
help here.  Is there anything I can do the the suspension and still stay
stock that will actually help performance or is the stock suspension OK?

My apologies for the long post.  I thank you in advance for any advice
anyone can share with me.  Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Brad Pyatt
Sales Consultant - Park Place Porsche
Desk    214-525-5488
Mobile  214-282-2960