Toyota pickup rear suspension for autox question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Toyota pickup rear suspension for autox question
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:17:11 -0800 (PST)
In the late 80's, toyota pickups came in a turbo
version. I was thinking one of these would be fun in
stock class. The question is:

The rear axle came 2 different ways, on the
lightwieght model the springs were hung under the axle
and on the "3/4 ton" the springs were on top of the
axle.

If I find a 3/4 can I put the springs under the axle
to lower the truck as they used the same mounting
plates for both models?

My gut feeling is this puts me in SP but some models
of the truck came that way. I am still looking to see
what other option differences were on the light versus
heavy duty pickups.

Thanks, Don

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/