Re: Toyota pickup rear suspension for autox question

To: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Toyota pickup rear suspension for autox question
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:48:00 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Don Miller wrote:

> The rear axle came 2 different ways, on the
> lightwieght model the springs were hung under the axle
> and on the "3/4 ton" the springs were on top of the
> axle.
>
> If I find a 3/4 can I put the springs under the axle
> to lower the truck as they used the same mounting
> plates for both models?

No.  You can't mix'n'match model specifications in Stock.  Essentially you
have to field a configuration that was available from the factory in that
year.

> My gut feeling is this puts me in SP but some models
> of the truck came that way. I am still looking to see

I'm not clear that it would be legal in SP, either.  You can mix and match
there, but you can't alter a given configuration.  I suppose you could say
you updated to a half-ton configuration, and then used the spring
allowance to change the rates.

KeS