Re: Waiver text?

To: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>, "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>,
Subject: Re: Waiver text?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:18:08 -0600
My favorite waiver, from the Isaac Device website. --
http://www.isaacdirect.com/html/order.html

It's not a joke, but the language is refreshing. Especially the "you guys
agree not to sue us guys" part

--Rocky Entriken

WARNING!
THIS IS A WAIVER OF RIGHTS

You have at least one warm brain cell and therefore know that any kind of
racing is dangerous. After all, the idea is to go as fast as possible and
then stop. How you stop is something we have no control over.

Safety products are like birth control. Whatever you do, do something,
because anything is better than nothing. An Isaac. product is better than
nothing, but if you hit something hard enough fast enough, you are going to
get hurt. You might die. In fact, if you hit something really hard really
fast, you will die and there is nothing we can do about it. You are
responsible for your safety, not us. If you don't like it, don't race.

Once we ship the product, it is out of our control. You have to take care of
it. If it doesn't look right, or feel right, or act right, don't use it.
Send it back to us. If you crash, don't use it again. Send it back to us.
Help us make it a better product.

Read the instructions. Use the product according to the instructions. Don't
modify it. And don't drill holes in the helmet while you are wearing the
helmet. If someone else wants to use the product, it's your job to make sure
they use it correctly, not ours.

If you can sign your name below you have at least one warm brain cell, so
here's the deal: We will sell you an Isaac. product if you promise not to
sue us. That's it, pure and simple. Keep in mind that "you" means you, your
family, friends, heirs, estate, successors, assigns and anyone else who
comes along, including someone you may be buying it for. "Us" means just
that: the company, its employees, managers, officers, directors, affiliates,
partners/shareholders/members, agents, representatives, etc. In other words,
you guys won't sue us guys. We could drag this part out for pages, but you
are racers, not namby-pamby whiners who sit up late at night watching TV
commercials that have some lawyer telling you to call 1-800-SUETHEM.

That's about it. If you sign below you guys agree not to sue us guys, you
guys agree to use the product like you're supposed to, and you guys
understand and agree that the product has no warranties, expressed or
implied. If you don't sign below, we guys aren't going to sell it to you
guys. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be.

I HAVE READ THE ABOVE AND AGREE WITH ALL OF IT, ESPECIALLY THE NAMBY-PAMBY
PART.