Prepared protest, etc.

To: auto-x <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Prepared protest, etc.
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:08:51 -0800
Well, I'm suprised TVR wasn't even mentioned in this thread!  But
Charlie, I have to say that last bit sounds
good to me---
"

Maybe the SEB needs better wording, such as "In the event of a protest, a
protestee may need to be able to show proof of the originality of certain
equipment and/or specifications.  Competitors should possess documentation to
support their vehicle's legality, including but not limited to factory
documentation, service manuals, etc."  Mark Sirota can probably take that and
make it sound better, with fewer words...

Charlie"

I think it may help everyone to think of both sides of the coin.  If you are
quite reasonably sure some one is doing something illegal, just how much effort
should a "non-owner" go thru to find out? Currently, a fair amount of dollars
AND a "belief" is what is needed. You can protest, but it should be that
NOTHING should happen until a real money bond is posted.
   I believe NO ONE should be kicked out initially for "incorrect"
documentation, only a COMPLETE LACK of documentation, Eric, even if it is an
old "Haynes" manual!!
   On the other side of the coin the "car-owner" must have referenced SOMETHING
to confirm his vehicle is legal! On the initial protest, that "reference
material" should be available.  If provided, the protester or the protest
committee should decide if that is a valid form of support.

  If not, then an adequate time should be given for, FIRST, the "Protester!" to
say/provide proof, as to why said "support material" is not adequate. Then if
accepted by the protest committee, it would allow more time with each appeal for
either party to obtain proof.

I must say, having sweated bullets about several years ago, I did find it
amusing
when BMW chose to not provide an "owners manual".  (After a year of trying to
locate a "never produced at the time" TVR manual)

Bill
Hoping to bring out another TVR monster soon...