RE: track and prepared

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>, eric@mail.brown911.com,
Subject: RE: track and prepared
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:24:17 -0600
Mark,
         There isn't anything in the prepared rule set that references a
manual.  Except perhaps if the car was RWD or FWD or AWD, but since you can
(by GCR) make a mini RWD and still be legal, then that's out.  So that
leaves rear suspension.  Did you really convert that independent rear?  You
keep asking us for what we don't need it for and we keep telling you to
name one thing we would.  The only thing mentioned was track (and I don't
think that was from you and I'm too lazy to go check).  Even a cursory
reading of the section would dispel that one.  I really hate to get in a
"You"; "No, You." discourse, but just give us that one thing that sticks
out to you.  Because no one on SCCAPrepared or Prepared.egroups can come up
with one.  At least they haven't yet.  Perhaps the inclusion of FI and a
requirement to match stock throttle body.  But since we already name the
carb number and size, why not just stick it in the listings.  That's what
we prepared guys expect.

James Rogerson

If the documentation truly has no value in Prepared, as some of you have
>suggested, then that's definitely a good enough reason.  But nobody has
>yet really backed up that statement.
>
>Mark

"Let's just hope this one can swim."  - Ted Kennedy commenting on Federal
judge candidate Janice Rogers Brown

On Nov. 20, modern Americans tried to fly a replica of the Wright brothers'
plane in preparation for the centennial on Dec. 17. It flew 119 feet, one
foot short of the brothers' first flight, and crashed badly.   E. Tyrrell