Re: [evolution-disc.] Making an laser photohead alignment

Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Making an laser photohead alignment
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:46:39 -0400
At 11:35 AM 7/15/2004, Mark Andy wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>So http://www.bannerengineering.com has a bunch of retroreflective
>material.
>
>At the bottom of this page:
>
>http://info.bannersalesforce.com/xpedio/groups/public/documents/datasheet/63942_reflectors.pdf
>
>is some retroflective adhesive stuff.  I'm not as concerned (I don't
>think) about the .7 reflectivity factor since I just want to make a board
>of this stuff and stick it behind the real reflector for faster light
>alignment.
>
>However, it appears they're around $0.21 to $0.23 per in squared.  The
>3"x100" roll is $43.50 according to their online store...
>
>Is there a cheaper option for this stuff?  Again, all I care about is
>being able to see a reflection when I'm aligning the laser head...
>
>Thanks!
>
>Mark

How about some cheap adhesive "mirror" material or even a polished sheet of
metal with appropriate protective coating or even a piece of plywood
sprayed with chrome colored paint? Assuming you don't want an actual glass
mirror. Maybe an RV supply store would have a plastic mirror.

Dick (full of suggestions but no answers)